I love the idea of giving my kids a hot breakfast before they leave for school. But, let’s face it, who has time to cook in the morning? With these easy, delicious and fast recipes—you do!
BACON, EGG, AND CHEESE ENGLISH MUFFIN
Less time than it takes to go through the drive-thru and so much better for you.
Dash of milk
2 slices of bacon (use precooked, microwavable bacon or precook on the weekend and store in Ziploc bag in the refrigerator)
1 slice of cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Scramble egg with a dash of milk in a ramekin. Cover with a wet paper towel and microwave for 1 minute on high.
2. Turn cooked egg over on top of toasted English muffin (you may need to run a knife around inside of ramekin to loosen egg). Salt and pepper to taste.
3. Layer on cheese and bacon.
So easy and they reheat well.
Sausage (I like the Eckrich Breakfast Sausage)
1. Wrap one sausage and one strip of cheese (optional) in each crescent roll triangle.
2. Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350 until golden brown, about 10-15 minutes.
STRAWBERRY BANANA OATMEAL
I love this recipe because, unlike with the instant oatmeal packets, you can control the amount of sugar.
1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
1/3 cup milk
2/3 cup water
Pinch of salt
1/2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1/2 banana, thinly sliced
1/3 cup sliced strawberries
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1. Combine oats, milk, water, salt and brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the slices of banana.
2. Once mixture starts to bubble, whip the bananas into the oatmeal. Cook about 5 minutes or to your desired consistency.
3. Stir in vanilla and transfer to serving bowl. Top with strawberries and more bananas.
CHOCOLATE BANANA CREPES
It takes a few tries to get the crepes to the desired thickness. These are a guaranteed crowd pleaser.
2 large eggs
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1 cup flour
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
3 Tbsp. melted butter
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt
1. The night before, blend all of ingredients through salt with an immersion or regular mixer. Blend well and refrigerate overnight.
2. Heat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Spray pan with non-stick spray. Place about ¼ cup of batter in pan in a swirl. You want a very thin, even layer. Cook about 45 seconds on one side, then flip and cook about 20 seconds on the other side.
3. Spread a layer of Nutella over the crepe and then layer with slices of banana.
4. Fold over and eat!