Makes 10-11 Heart Tarts.
- ½ cup raspberries
- ¼ cup whipped cream cheese
- 1 tbsp honey
- ingredients for 1 double pie crust recipe or 1 14 oz pre-made pie crust*
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- 10 raspberries for icing or 2 tbsp juiced raspberries
- 1 tbsp milk or water
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Place the raspberries and cream cheese in a bowl. Using the back of a fork, mash the raspberries into the cream cheese.
3. Roll the pie crust 1/4 inch thick. Using a heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out dough hearts. (If you are using packaged pie crust, just unroll it and cut out the heart shapes.)
4. Place one heart on a lightly floured work surface and top with 2 tsp of the cream cheese mixture in the center, leaving a ¼” border around the cut-out.
5. Lightly dip your index finger into a cup of water and brush the heart’s border with the water.
6. Top with another dough heart, then take the tines of a fork and gently press down the edges to stick them together so that the cream cheese mixture stays inside the heart pocket. With a toothpick, poke some holes at the top of the heart to remove any air pockets. Repeat until all dough hearts and cream cheese mixture have been used.
7. Place heart pockets on a parchment- or silpat-lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
8. While the hearts are baking, place 10 raspberries in a strainer and press down to release raspberry juice into a bowl. This should yield about 2 tbsp of juice.
9. Whisk in the milk, then slowly pour in the powdered sugar and stir to make icing.
10. Take a fork and drizzle the raspberry icing over the hearts.
*Pillsbury Pie Crusts work well.
**You may also fill the tarts with 2 tsp of Nutella.