Herbs galore--tarragon, parsley, and chives--add fresh flavor to this quick and easy cream cheese veggie dip.
- 1/3 cup refigerated or frozen egg product, thawed
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. Dijon-style mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 to 5 anchovy fillets, drained and chopped (1 Tbsp.)
- 1 cup loosely packed parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup loosely packed tarragon leaves
- 1/4 cup snipped chives
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 4 oz. cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 3 Tbsp. tarragon vinegar
Servings: Makes 2-1/2 cups.
Prep Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 1 hr 30 mins
In a large food processor or blender combine egg product, lemon juice, mustard, and garlic; cover and process or blend until combined. With the processor or blender running, add oil in a thin, steady stream. (When necessary, stop and scrape down sides of blender.)
Add anchovies, parsley, tarragon, chives, and green onions; pulse until blended. Add the softened cream cheese and vinegar; pulse to incorporate. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour to blend flavors. Season to taste with salt.
Serve with vegetable dippers. Any leftover dip may be stored, covered, in refrigerator for up to 1 week. Makes 2-1/2 cups.