Slow-cooking the chicken before shredding makes it especially tender and flavorful...when that chicken is layered with tortillas and cheese, you've got a simple, family-friendly casserole.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
- 1 pkg (about 1 ounce) mild taco seasoning mix
- 5 1/4 cups Swanson® Chicken Stock
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 (10 3/4 ounces each) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
- 10 fajita-size flour tortillas (10-inch), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (about 16 ounces)
- Hot cooked regular long-grain white rice
Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 4 hrs 40 mins
Place the chicken into a 3 1/2-quart slow cooker. Top with all but 2 tablespoons of the taco seasoning. Pour 3 1/2 cups of the stock over the chicken.
Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken to a cutting board. Using 2 forks, shred the chicken.
Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Heat the butter in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat. Stir the remaining taco seasoning, stock and soup in the saucepan. Stir in the chicken.
Layer half of the chicken mixture, tortillas, and cheese in a 3-quart shallow baking dish. Repeat the layer. Bake for 30 minutes or until the mixture is hot and bubbling. Serve over the rice.