Tired of the traditional Thanksgiving meal or looking for something cute to add to it? Or maybe you just have a sweet tooth and wished every item on a menu tasted like a moist cupcake? If i’m talking about you then you will probably love these two recipes from ScaryMommy.com: Corn on the Cob Cupcakes and Turkey Leg Cupcakes.
Corn on the Cob Cupcake
- yellow frosting
- small jelly beans (jelly belly size) in a variety of yellows and white
- Frost the cupcake with a light layer of yellow frosting.
- Decorate with the jelly beans by creating rows with the jelly beans.
- Put three cupcakes together and put corn holders on each end.
Turkey Leg Cupcake
- brown frosting
- donut hole
- graham crackers or bran flakes (not as tasty!) mashed into very fine crumbs
- almond bark or white Wilton melting chips (for the bone)
Directions to Make the Bone:
- Spread out a sheet of parchment paper.
- Put 2 squares of almond bark or a handful of melting chips in a sandwich size ziplock baggie. Leaving the bag open, microwave for 15-30 seconds at a time until melted.
- Remove air from bag and seal.
- Snip one small corner of the bag and make bones on the parchment paper – top is like a heart, then make a long stem.
Directions to Make the Turkey Leg Cupcake:
- While the bones are drying, lightly frost the cupcake and cut the donut hole in half.
- Place the donut hole on the cupcake and then using a wide round frosting tip, frost with brown frosting and then smooth out the frosting with a knife.
- Once the frosting is smooth, sprinkle with the mashed-up graham crackers.
- Then take a paring knife and create a space where the bone will go – then stick the bone in the cupcake.
If you are interested in making Mash Potato and Peas and Carrots Cupcakes then click here.