Here are the 5 must-have FREE apps to help with the back-to-school transition:
1. Cozi Family Organizer– Keep organization at your fingertips with this app. Text and email reminders keep the whole family in the loop no matter how packed their schedules are. Families can manage important school dates, homework assignments, extra-curriculars (like club and sports schedules), carpools, and even download school district calendars with Cozi. Other features include meal planning,shopping lists and a private family journal to share those precious first day of school photos with Grandma.
2. iRewardChart–Bring the traditional reward chart to your mobile device with this app. iRewardChart offers a customizable interface thathelps parents keep track of their children’s good behavior (including doing their homework and chores on time), and reward them appropriately.
3. Stanza – Choose from over 50,000 free classics novels and recent original works available from Project Gutenberg with Stanza. With this app, your will have kids immediate access to many of the booksand reference materials they will need for English class and book reports this year.
4. StudyBlue – Make instant flashcards so your kids can study wherever they are with this appthat gives them instant access to every note they need. Voice-to-text and photo capabilities make it easy and fun to make handheld flashcards for studying on the go.
5. Waze – This social app is powered by users and includeslive maps, real-time traffic updates and turn-by-turn navigation. Waze can ease the morning carpool and commute crunch, and you might even help other drivers in your neighborhood by showing them new routes that they never even knew about.