I’m sure you have wasted a lot of time and/or made a big mess doing simple things like peeling a garlic, removing the core from iceberg lettuce or just boiling some pasta. Well, here’s 5 tips that will save you a lot of time and make wonder why you couldn’t have thought of it.
1. Microwave Garlic for 10 seconds to make it really easy to peel
2. Drop ice cubes in your soups and stews to easily skim off the fat that rises to the top
3. Slam a head of lettuce down on a counter to make it really easy to remove the core
4. Place a wooden spoon across a pot to prevent it from boiling over.
5. Wet your fingers with water so you can easily grab egg shell bits.
Source: Business Insider