4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb)
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
Freshly ground black pepper
4 slices mozzarella
Zest of 1 lemon
Pinch red pepper flakes
1 bundle asparagus, woody ends removed
Extra-virgin olive oil, for pan
Lemon wedges, for serving
1/4 c. grated Parmesan, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a medium bowl, toss asparagus with 1 tablespoon olive oil, lemon zest, and red pepper flakes.
- On a clean work surface, cut a pocket into each chicken breast, then stuff each with mozzarella, and asparagus. Season chicken all over with oregano, salt, and pepper. Secure with toothpicks.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Add chicken and cook until seared and golden on bottom, about 5 minutes. Flip chicken and cook until second side is golden, about 5 minutes more.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake until chicken is cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice over cooked chicken and garnish with Parmesan.