Recipe By:Anna Silvani-Morrison “Excellent with fresh corn when it’s in season!”
- 3 egg whites
- 1 2/3 cups fresh corn kernels
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1/4 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash ground red pepper
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Beat egg whites in a glass or metal bowl until stiff peaks form. Lift your beater or whisk straight up: the egg whites will form sharp peaks.
- Mix corn, egg yolks, flour, salt, and red pepper together in a large bowl; fold beaten egg whites into the corn mixture.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, drop corn mixture into hot oil by the tablespoonful in several spots without crowding the pan; cook until browned and set, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining batter.