- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano and/or mint
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 1/3 cup pitted green olives, sliced
- 2 ears of corn, shucked
- 1 1/4 pounds cube steaks
- Preheat a grill to high. Whisk the olive oil, vinegar, herbs, honey, 3/4 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a medium bowl. Remove 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette to a large bowl; set aside. Add the cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, feta and olives to the bowl with the remaining vinaigrette; toss to coat.
- Grill the corn, turning occasionally, until charred in spots, about 8 minutes; remove to a cutting board. Meanwhile, season the steaks with salt and pepper. Working in batches if necessary, grill the steaks until the edges start browning, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook until browned on the other side, about 30 seconds. Transfer to the bowl with the reserved vinaigrette; toss to coat.
- Cut off the corn kernels and add to the salad. Serve the steak with the corn salad.
Cube steak is an inexpensive cut of beef that has been tenderized by machine. If you can’t find it, pound a top round steak with a meat mallet.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2019 www.foodnetwork.com