Recipe By:SpoonForkBacon“This savory Dutch baby is perfect for breakfast and brunch. You can use bacon instead of sausage if you prefer. Serve with a light green salad.”
- 1/3 cup bulk Italian sausage
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup whole milk, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter – melted, cooled, and divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cracked black pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded white Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon sliced fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Place a 12-inch cast iron skillet into the oven while it preheats.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir sausage in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease.
- Combine eggs, milk, flour, 1 tablespoon butter, salt, and pepper in a blender; blend until batter is smooth and thin, about 2 minutes.
- Carefully remove cast iron skillet from oven using an oven mitt and pour remaining 1 tablespoon butter into the skillet, quickly and carefully swirling to coat the skillet with butter. Pour batter into the skillet and transfer to the oven.
- Bake in the oven until puffed around the edges and cooked through, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Top Dutch baby with Cheddar cheese, chives, fresh thyme, and crumbled sausage. Return to the oven and bake until cheese is melted, about 1 minute. Slice and serve Dutch baby immediately.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2018 Allrecipes.com