- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 lb. beef chuck stew meat, cubed into 1″ pieces
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into rounds
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 4 c. low-sodium beef broth
- 1 (16-oz.) bottle Guinness
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme
- Freshly chopped parsley, for serving
- In a large dutch oven over medium heat, heat 2 tablespoons oil. Season beef with salt and pepper, then add to pot and cook on all sides until seared, 10 minutes, working in batches if necessary. Transfer beef to a plate.
- In same pot add remaining tablespoon oil and cook onion, carrots, and celery until soft, 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add garlic and cook until fragrant 1 minute.
- Add beef back to dutch oven, then add potatoes, broth, beer, and thyme. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and let simmer until beef and potatoes are tender, 30 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2019 www.delish.com