- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 8 Hawaiian sweet rolls, halved
- Fresh arugula, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, maple syrup and mustard; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the cheese, salt and pepper. Crumble lamb over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight patties.
- In a large skillet, saute onion in 1 tablespoon oil and 1 teaspoon butter until tender. Add vinegar; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook patties in remaining oil and butter over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture over roll bottoms; top each with a burger and onion mixture and if desired, arugula. Replace roll tops.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2019 www.tasteofhome.com