- 1/2 cup uncooked white quinoa
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 package McCormick® Taco Seasoning Mix Substitutions available
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Prepare quinoa as directed on package. (See tips below!)
- Meanwhile, cook turkey in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat 6 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain liquid.
- Stir in cooked quinoa, Seasoning Mix, tomatoes and corn. Cook 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Remove skillet from heat. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover. Let stand 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with desired toppings.
Test Kitchen Tips:
- Serving Suggestion: Serve with assorted toppings, such as reduced fat sour cream, chopped cilantro and guacamole.
- Rinsing quinoa with cold water prior to cooking helps reduce the bitterness that comes from a coating found on the seeds called saponins.
- To cook quinoa, use 2 parts water to 1 part quinoa, so 1 cup of water to cook 1/2 cup dry quinoa.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2019 www.mccormick.com