- 1 head cauliflower, small, chopped
- 1 cup California walnut pieces, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ¾ cup onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, medium, seeded, minced
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 12 tortillas, corn, small, warmed
- 1 ½ cups green cabbage, shredded
- ¾ cup Cotija cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup California walnuts, chopped, toasted
- Cilantro leaves, fresh
- Lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 475ºF. Coat cauliflower with 1 tbsp. olive oil; place on a baking sheet and roast for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350ºF and toast walnuts for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add to pan with cauliflower.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add garlic and jalapeno cook for 2 minutes more. Stir in water, tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, oregano and salt; cook until mixture is thick and excess water has cooked off. Stir in cauliflower mixture.
- Spoon mixture into warmed tortillas and top with cabbage, cheese, walnuts and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
- Optional: Cauliflower mixture may be ground in a food processor so that it resembles the texture of ground meat.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2019 www.foodnetwork.com