- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated three cheese tortellini
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic and onion, and cook, stirring frequently, until onions have become translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk in chicken broth, diced tomatoes, tortellini, basil, oregano, bay leaf and 1 cup water; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until tortellini is cooked through, about 5-6 minutes. Stir in spinach until it begins to wilt, about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with Parmesan.
Adapted from Cooking Classy.