- 1 1/2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion, diced
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen yellow corn, thawed and drained
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Corn or flour tortillas
- Sliced avocado, romaine lettuce, cotija or feta cheese, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil then place sweet potatoes on foil. Drizzle with 3 Tbsp olive oil and toss to evenly coat.
- Sprinkle evenly with cumin, paprika, coriander, cayenne pepper and season lightly with salt and pepper to taste then toss to evenly coat. Bake in preheated oven 15 – 20 minutes until tender, removing from oven and tossing once halfway through baking.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat. Once hot add onion and saute until caramelized (golden brown on edges and tender), about 5 – 6 minutes, adding in garlic during last 30 seconds of sauteing.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, add in drained black beans, corn, honey and lime juice. Heat until warmed through. Toss in roasted sweet potatoes and cilantro. Serve over warm tortillas with desired toppings.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2019 www.cookingclassy.com