- 1 pound pasta, your favorite kind
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked in water overnight or boiled for 30 minutes
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup plain, un-sweetened almond milk
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, add all remaining ingredients to a high powered blender and blend for 1 minute, or until smooth.
- Once pasta is finished cooking, drain, add back to the pot and mix in the cheese sauce.
- Best when served immediately. Garnish with fresh herbs, if desired.
Notes: Feel free to add some broccoli, kale, spinach or cauliflower for some extra veggies!
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2019 www.shelikesfood.com