- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lb. yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 oz. (10-oz.) can red enchilada sauce
- 1 tsp. (8-oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 3 c. cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 c. shredded monterey jack, divided
- 2 c. shredded cheddar, divided
- 8 Kosher salt
- 1/4 c. freshly chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 8 corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add onion and peppers and cook until onions are soft, 5 minutes. Add garlic and cumin and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add enchilada sauce and crushed tomatoes and cook until warmed through, 5 minutes. Set 1/2 cup of this mixture aside for topping the enchiladas.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, 1 cup Monterey Jack, 1 cup cheddar, and cilantro. Add 1 cup of the enchilada sauce mixture and toss to combine, and season with salt. Add a small scoop of the chicken mixture in the center of 1 tortilla, then roll up and place in skillet seam side down. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Spread the set aside 1/2 cup enchilada sauce on top and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and melted. Garnish with cilantro and serve.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2018 www.delish.com