- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. freshly chopped thyme
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 8 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 lb. chicken breasts (about 3), cut into thirds
- 8 oz. lasagna noodles, broken into 2″ pieces
- 1/3 c. heavy cream
- 1 shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 4 c. loosely packed spinach
- 1 tbsp. chopped parsley, for serving
- In a large stock pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and celery and cook until slightly softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic and thyme and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Season with chili flakes if using, salt, and pepper.
- Add butter and stir until melted. Stir in flour and cook until no longer raw, 2 to 3 minutes. Add broth and chicken and bring up to a simmer. Add noodles and cook until chicken is tender and noodles are cooked through, 12 to 14 minutes. Remove chicken and shred, then return to pot.
- Add heavy cream, mozzarella, and Parmesan and stir until incorporated, then stir in spinach until wilted. Serve topped with more Parmesan and parsley.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2018 www.delish.com