The cheesy sauce on this chicken spaghetti makes it out of this world creamy.
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1″ pieces
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 c. whole milk
- 1 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 1/2 c. shredded cheddar, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook spaghetti according to package directions until al dente, about 7 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and bell pepper and cook until soft, 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and season with salt, pepper, and chili powder. Cook until chicken is golden, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook 1 minute. Add milk and broth and cook until thick, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in spaghetti, 11⁄2 cups cheddar, and chicken. Transfer to a baking dish and top with remaining cup cheese. Bake until bubbly, about 45 minutes.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2018 www.delish.com