Complete Children’s Cookbook Recipe: Chocolate & Raspberry Brownies
These pretty brownies, dotted with fresh raspberries and white chocolate, are delicious—and so easy to make.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
• 9oz (250g) white chocolate
• 6 tbsp butter
• ½ cup sugar
• 2 large eggs, beaten
• 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
• 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
• ½ tsp salt
• 5 oz (150g) fresh raspberries
• 8in (20cm) square cake pan
• Parchment paper
• 2 medium-sized bowls
• Electric mixer
• Metal spoon
• Plastic spatula
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and line the bottom of an 8in (20cm) square cake pan with parchment paper.
2. Break up the chocolate. Put 6oz (175g) in a bowl. Set the bowl over a pan of simmering water until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Cool slightly.
3. Beat the butter and sugar together until fluffy in a medium bowl. Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract, then stir in the melted chocolate.
4. Sift the flour and salt over the mixture and fold in. Then gently fold in the saved broken chocolate and raspberries.
5. Spoon the mixture into the pan, spread into the corners, then level with a plastic spatula. Cook for 30-35 minutes. Cool before cutting into squares.
Brownies should be firm on the outside but gooey and fudgelike on the inside.
Excerpted from Cooking Step by Step, reprinted by permission of DK, a division of Penguin Random House LLC. Copyright © 2018
images: © Dorling Kindersley: Dave King, 2018.