Dinner on Halloween can be anything but regular—it’s gotta be spooky! Our classics have been Jack-‘o-Lantern Stuffed Peppers and Ghost Pizza Bagels, but now we’re obsessed with turning ordinary meatballs into scary works of art by making them look like monster eyeballs. All you need is some mozzarella (fresh works best since it’s thicker) and black olives.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 c. Panko bread crumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 1 1/2 c. marinara, warmed
- Ciliegine, cut into rounds
- Black olives, sliced crosswise into rounds
- Preheat oven to 400° and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment.
- In a large bowl, add beef, onion, Panko, garlic, parsley, and egg. Season generously with salt and pepper. Mix ingredients together with a rubber spatula or your hands until well combined, then shape into 1” balls. Place onto baking sheet.
- Bake until meatballs for 13 minutes, then to each meatball, add a piece of cheese and olive to create “eyeballs.” Bake until cheese is melty, 2 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of salted, boiling water, cook spaghetti according to package directions until al dente. Drain and transfer to platter.
- Pour warm marinara sauce over spaghetti, then scatter with meatballs.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2018 www.delish.com