Recipe By:Matt Wencl “Whether it’s summertime or just time to gather good friends around, this sweet and spicy dairy-free ice pop combines the mellow cinnamon flavors of horchata with the bracing fiery flavor of Fireball(R) whiskey. A touch of cayenne extends the heat beyond the ice.”
- 2/3 cup long grain white rice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 cups warm water
- 2 cups rice milk
- 3/4 cup white sugar, or to taste
- 1/2 cup cinnamon whiskey (such as Fireball(R))
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 dash ground cinnamon (optional)
- Grind rice finely using a coffee or spice grinder. Transfer to a large bowl; add cinnamon sticks. Pour in warm water. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit, 8 hours to overnight.
- Strain rice mixture through a sieve set over a bowl. Press against the rice with a wooden spoon to squeeze out as much liquid as possible; discard rice. Stir rice milk and sugar into strained liquid to make horchata.
- Measure 2 1/2 cups horchata into another bowl. Add cinnamon whiskey, cayenne pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Pour into ice pop molds.
- Freeze until solid, at least 12 hours.
- Run molds under warm water to release ice pops. Sprinkle with an additional dash of cinnamon before serving.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2018 Allrecipes.com