Complete Children’s Cookbook Recipe: Frozen Yogurt (pages 144-145)
You can use your favorite flavors to make this alternative to ice cream. What a great way to cool down on a hot summer day!
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 4 hrs (freezing)
• ½ cup heavy cream
• ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
• 2 cups plain yogurt
• 3oz (90g) chocolate chip cookies
• 3oz (90g) soft fudge
• 2oz (60g) mini marshmallows
• 2oz (60g) honeycomb (optional)
• Cutting board
• Sharp knife
• Mixing bowl
• Spatula or metal spoon
• 2 plastic containers with lids
1. Carefully chop the fudge and honeycomb, if using, into tiny pieces and break the cookies into slightly larger pieces. Set aside.
2. Pour the cream into the mixing bowl and sift in the confectioners’ sugar. Lightly whip the cream into soft peaks. (You can use an electric mixer or whisk.)
3. Gently fold the yogurt, cookies, fudge, marshmallows, and honeycomb into the cream using a plastic spatula or metal spoon.
4. Spoon the mixture into containers, cover, and freeze. Stir after 2 hours to prevent ice crystals from forming. Freeze for at least 2 hours more.
Try this recipe with 10oz (300g) of your favorite ingredients: bananas, strawberries, meringue, chocolate chips, or chopped-up candy bars.
For the text please use: “Excerpted from Complete Children’s Cookbook, reprinted by permission of DK, a division of Penguin Random House LLC. Copyright © 2018.”
For the images: © Dorling Kindersley: Howard Shooter, 2018.