“A quick and delicious meal that is healthy and the family will love it. Cheesy, lemony, crunchy!”
- 1 cup rice
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 (8 ounce) package frozen broccoli
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Heat an oven-safe pot over medium-high heat; stir rice and 2 tablespoons oil together in the hot saucepan to coat the rice with oil. Pour hot water over the rice; bring to a boil and place a cover on the pot.
- Bake rice in preheated oven until the water is absorbed and rice is tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Place broccoli into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and season broccoli with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken to hot oil, season with garlic powder and onion powder. Saute chicken until completely browned, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir onion into the chicken; continue cooking until onions are soft and translucent, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Spoon rice into the skillet; cook until lightly browned on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Stir broccoli into the rice mixture; sprinkle lemon zest and lemon juice over the mixture and stir. Top with Parmesan cheese.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2018 Allrecipes.com