Recipe submitted by Pure Gourmet Meals
RED VELVET PANCAKES
serves 8-10 small pancakes
Items You’ll Need:
- Heart Shaped Silicone Rings
- Food Processor
- Skillet or Griddle
- 1 Medium beet, washed & trimmed
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ cup 2% milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 cup oat flour (You can make your own by using old fashioned oats & adding them to a food processor)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Bring water to a boil. Cut Beet into quarter pieces. Boil beets until tender for about 5-7 minutes. Take out the beet pieces and strain excess water. Place beet pieces in a food processor, add banana and milk. Blend until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and process until ingredients are well incorporated & mixture is smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Heat a teaspoon of coconut oil in a nonstick skillet over a low to medium-low heat or griddle.
- Pouring about ½ cup of batter at a time, cool pancakes for 2-4 minutes per side. They are ready to flip when the edges become dry and slightly bubbly.
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 2 ounces Neufchatél or low-fat cream cheese at room temperature
- ¼ cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Mix ingredients together until smooth.
- Spread over pancakes and enjoy!
Pure Gourmet is a Houston-based meal prep and catering company that offers 5-day meal plans with 80%-90% organic produce, grass-fed beef, and hormone free chicken and between 300-600 calories. www.PureGourmetMeals.com