• 1 3/4 cups white sugar, divided
• 1 cup softened butter
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
• 2 large eggs
• 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
• 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
• 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat 1 1/2 cups sugar, butter, vanilla extract, and salt together in a bowl until fluffy. Beat in eggs; add cream of tartar and baking soda. Beat in cocoa powder, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and cayenne powder. Beat in flour. Stir chocolate chips into the dough.
- Mix remaining 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Roll heaping tablespoons of dough into balls. Roll balls in the sugar-cinnamon mixture and place on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until centers are set and edges crack slightly, about 10 minutes. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes
Recipe by Brandilynn7, courtesy of www.allrecipes.com