With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, you may be wondering what sweet treats you can give your sweetheart this year—or maybe you just want to make something special for yourself. Either way, these delectable desserts are a great way to pamper the object of your affection, whether it’s your spouse, your kids, your friends or family, or something just for you.
This dessert is a romantic classic, and for good reason—chocolate and strawberries are made for each other. Adding a coat of orange sugar only intensifies the sweetness of this delicious dish!
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange peel
- 6 ounces high-quality dark chocolate (such as Lindt or Black & Gold), chopped
- 16 large ripe strawberries
1. Line baking sheet with foil. Using fingertips, mix sugar and orange peel in small bowl until sugar is moist. Stir chocolate in small bowl set over saucepan of barely simmering water until melted and smooth. Remove from over water.
2. Holding 1 strawberry by stem end, dip 2/3 of berry into chocolate; shake excess back into bowl. Turn berry dipped end up and sprinkle with orange sugar. Place on prepared sheet. Repeat with remaining berries, chocolate, and sugar. Chill until chocolate sets, about 30 minutes.