by Kim Guerra | photos by Gary Blake and Treva Wygle
- Stella Mare is located about 50 miles south of Houston off the Galveston Sea Wall
- 25 acres of prime Galveston Island real estate is equipped with wide, palm tree-lined roads with multiple entrances and exits, along with generous pull-through spaces.
- For your RV: All sites have large 70’ or 90’ concrete pads, a concrete patio with an in-ground umbrella holder, green space and landscaping.
- 2 vacation home rental options; Sunny Smile or Into the Blue were designed with comfort and vacation in mind.
- Splash Pad (the biggest of any RV resort on the Island!)
- Spacious 25-Acre Grounds for Camping and Privacy
- Swimming Pool with In-Pool Lounging Chairs
- Poolside Hot Tub with Ocean Views
- Multi-Activity Playground on a Well-Maintained Sand Island
- Pet-Friendly Environment with Two Dog Parks
- Easy Beach Access (free parking across the street!)
- Guest Center with Kitchen and TV Lounge
- Complimentary Premium Wi-Fi Throughout Our Resort
- Tiki Bar with Picnic Tables, Fire Rings, and Swinging Benches
- Community Fire Rings and BBQ Grills
- Beautiful Lake Offering Sunny and Shaded Areas
- 3000 s.f. Observation Deck for Unobstructed Ocean Views
- Spacious, Clean Bathroom and Shower Facilities
- Convenient, New On-Site Laundry Machines
Looking for a beach break without hopping on a plane? Planning a family reunion or large holiday gathering? We found the perfect place…Stella Mare RV Resort on Galveston Island.
Now, I know what you’re thinking. Maybe you don’t have an RV. Well, here’s the best part…at Stella Mare, you don’t need one!
Located a little over 50 miles south of downtown Houston, this gem of a property is conveniently located off Seawall Blvd. With more than 25 acres, it’s a large resort property sprinkled with many amenities for guests of all ages.
As you approach the resort, two towering beach homes command your attention even before you enter. Once inside, the well-maintained grounds certainly impress. The beautiful beach houses with their massive, wrap-around decks greet you with visions of a cold beverage (or hot toddy). The decks overlook the huge green space for the kids to play soccer or frisbee or just RUN around. Exhale. Time to relax.
There’s ample parking for at least four cars below the house, and two accessible stairways that lead to the front door or to the mudroom entrance. The fully-furnished home is welcoming with its lovely accommodations and decor, and the kitchen is well-stocked with pots, pans, glasses, plates, coffee maker, etc. Be sure to plan the grocery trip before arrival so you can unload and be done!
Each house sleeps 12-14 guests with four bedrooms and 3.5 baths. I loved the bedroom with the two pairs of bunkbeds for the kids. I imagined cousins or best friends building forts, making memories and talking way past bedtime in this room. The other rooms each have queen or king size beds. There is a pull-out sofa in the living room, and tons of floor space for sleeping bags, if need be. I found the space to be extremely versatile and very roomy. Perfect for multiple families or generations to share.
The best part about the houses being located in the RV Resort is all the amenities and activities it offers. First, you have a maintenance staff on-site, who are available should anything go wrong or if you have any questions or special requests. Next, you have an adorable splash pad located next to a resort-style pool with an ocean view. Bike through the resort or walk to the beach which is right across the street. On weekends, there is music and activities. Wake up to coffee and donuts or poolside yoga and unwind at the outdoor movie night. For guests who prefer the indoors, premium Wi-Fi is available. Pets are welcome to join your family.
Sounds perfect, right? We think so. It really is a gem and can book up fast so plan ahead! Rates range from $350-$400 a night (Sept-May) with a two-night minimum and $500 a night during the holidays. For more information, call 409-632-7017 or visit www.stellamarervresort.com.
Be sure to tell them Houston Family sent you! Here’s to making wonderful family memories…Cheers!