Want to interview celebrities and sample the latest & greatest toys?
BECOME A 2020 HFM KID AMBASSADOR
AND FIND OUT!
Our HFM Kid Ambassadors program offers (24) outstanding kids in the greater Houston area
the opportunity to participate in a year-long program which will introduce them to a behind-the-scenes
look at the world of magazine publishing. Our ambassadors will attend local shows & attractions,
be the subject of photo shoots, review new products, interview celebrities in
print & in person, volunteer at HFM events, and much more!
The experience is intended to help broaden their horizons while offering them a
great resume of work to present to prospective schools, colleges or employers in the future.
What are you waiting for? Apply Today!
The HFM Kid Ambassador appointment is a year-long assignment beginning in January and ending December. Kid Ambassadors will get a behind-the-scenes look at Houston Family Magazine’s resources, activities, content, projects and products/services for kids and families. They will have the opportunity to
participate in photoshoots, product reviews, interviews, theatrical performances, advanced movie screenings, volunteer at HFM events and more! Our Kid Ambassadors will receive an official HFM Press Badge
& shirt to wear to events where they will be representing themselves and our HFM Brand.
Kids: Ages 5-17
Must Live in Greater Houston Area
1. Download and fill out our HFM Ambassador Application
2. Submit 1 high quality photo of your child (photo collages will not be accepted)
3. Submit a 30-60 second video clip of your child talking about why they want to be an HFM Kid Ambassador
Note: this form can be filled out electronically in Adobe Acrobat Reader and e-signed.
• HFM Staff will select 100 kids to participate in the final round.
• Cost to participate in the finals round is $25 per child
• Finals will be held on (TBD) at the HFM Office.
• Finals round will consist of multiple photo sessions and a video interview
• Each family will receive 2-3 high resolution digital photos from the photo session by December 21, 2019.
• HFM Staff will pick 24 winners.
• Winners will be announced in our December Houston Family Magazine issue and on social media.
• Winners will be required to read through and sign our HFM Kid Ambassador Program Contract.
• Must participate in a minimum of (1) assignment per quarter (ex: photo shoot/video shoot, interview, theater performance, movie premier, etc.)
• Must participate in social media posting a minimum of 2x per month.
• Must attend a minimum of (3) HFM events per year representing the HFM Kid Ambassador program as a volunteer. This may include stuffing or handing out goodie bags, setting up booths, taking photos during the event, speaking on stage, conducting video interviews, etc.
• Families will receive a contract outlining all expectations for the year upon their child’s acceptance into the HFM Kid Ambassador program. The contract must be signed and returned to participate.