“This is a salmon and shrimp cake with great extras. You’ll enjoy them.”
- 10 ounces shrimp, peeled, deveined and minced
- 1 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound salmon fillets
- 1 3/4 cups dry whole wheat bread crumbs
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking sheet.
- In a medium skillet over medium low heat, cook and stir shrimp and red bell pepper until shrimp is partially cooked. Remove from heat, and set aside. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in the skillet over medium heat, and cook salmon just until no longer pink. Remove from heat, cool, and finely chop.
- In a medium bowl, mix whole wheat bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, black pepper, basil, and thyme. Stir in shrimp, red bell pepper, salmon, remaining olive oil, chives, and jalapeno. Thoroughly blend eggs and cream cheese into the mixture.
- Divide the mixture into about 4 patties 3/4 inch thick, and arrange on the prepared baking sheet. Bake 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2018 Allrecipes.com